Meet Our Team
founder of Wetzel Aviation has over 40 years of experience selling airplanes and more than 9,000 hours flying jets and turboprops. His father, a World War II flight instructor and flying pastor, cultivated and shaped Jack’s love of flying at a young age. Jack grew up in Lock Haven Pennsylvania, home of Piper Aircraft where he began his career in aviation as a factory experimental test pilot. As his career progressed into sales, he was part of the team that developed the Cheyenne series of turboprops for Piper. Jack left Piper to hone his sales experience with Combs Gates and Turbo West Inc. in Denver Colorado. While at Turbo West, he became successful in turboprop sales within the United States and abroad. Jack went on to co-found Kladstrup-Wetzel Inc. and as the company grew, his business focus grew to include jet sales with a strong focus on the global market. The Kladstrup-Wetzel partnership was dissolved in 2003 and Jack founded Wetzel Aviation Inc. which continues having success in the world market.
When not selling airplanes, Jack enjoys classic automobiles and cycling throughout the Rocky Mountains. He lives with his wife Carol in Centennial, Colorado and they have two adult daughters.
has over 20 years of aircraft sales experience and has been around airplanes his entire life. As the son of a corporate pilot, Bryon met Jack Wetzel in 1979 when his fathers company purchased several new Piper Cheyenne aircraft from Turbo West, Inc. A Montana native, Bryon graduated from Montana State University in 1993 with a B.S. degree in Business and served in the Army National Guard as an Officer and Rotary-Wing Aviator. Outside the office, Bryon and his wife Kristin, have one daughter and enjoy camping, fishing and other outdoor activities. Bryon is also a car enthusiast, who likes all types of classic and modern muscle/sports cars.
brings nearly 30 years of proven aviation sales experience along with a history in commercial banking to our company and serves the Business Aviation community on the National Aircraft Resale Association’s Membership Committee. Pat began his aviation sales career alongside Jack Wetzel in 1990 prior to striking out on his own. He was a founding partner and co-owner of Front Range Aviation and successfully co-managed its growth for 18 years prior to merging companies with Wetzel Aviation. Pat and his family moved to Colorado in 1995 from Western New York. He holds a BS degree from the University of New York at Oswego and holds a fixed-wing pilot license. Outside of aviation, Pat enjoys competing in the Western horseback sport of Reining. He and his wife Jackie are active in the community through volunteer organizations. Pat and Jackie have three adult children.
has over 30 years of aviation experience and began flying as a teenager. Jim is an alumnus of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Daytona Beach Campus where he earned multiple degrees in both Aeronautical Studies and Aviation Business Administration. Jim began his aviation sales career alongside Jack Wetzel in the early 1990’s and joined as co-owner of Front Range Aviation in 2002 and successfully co-managed its growth prior to merging companies with Wetzel Aviation. His family relocated to the Denver area from Western New York in 1995. Jim and his wife Betsy enjoy the nearby Rocky Mountains and downhill ski, camp and pursue other outdoor activities. Jim holds a Commercial Pilot License and has been active in various roles as a volunteer leader and supporter of the Denver Area Boy Scouts program and has participated in several High-Adventure wilderness trips. He also serves on the Board of Directors of a large processing vegetable agribusiness. Jim and Betsy have three children and a Springer Spaniel.
graduated from Metropolitan State University of Denver with a degree in Aviation and Aerospace Management. Prior to joining the Wetzel Aviation Team, he conducted market research and analysis for a Factory Authorized new aircraft sales and service center. Forrest is an aviation enthusiast and holds a single engine Private Pilot’s License.
brings energy and proven experience in luxury goods sales to Wetzel Aviation and is a specialist in super-midsize through ultra long-range jet markets and began his aviation career with Front Range Aviation. He is an expert in multiple aircraft segments. As the grandson of the 8th man on the moon and Apollo 15 Lunar Module Pilot/Astronaut Jim Irwin, Wyatt continues his family’s strong legacy in aviation. A Colorado native, Wyatt and his wife Abby are very active in outdoor sports & fitness and enjoy travelling. Wyatt and Abby have a young daughter.
|Featured Image||Aircraft Description||Serial No.||Reg. No.||TTAF||Price|
|Featured Image||Aircraft Description||Serial No.||Reg. No.||TTAF||Price|
|2001 Piaggio Avanti P-180||1036||N785JH||2761||$1,595,000|
|1999 Beechcraft 1900D||UE-382||C-FXKK||12,039||$2,595,000|
|2007 King Air C90GT||LJ-1831||N402MD||1,370||$1,575,000|
|2004 Beechcraft King Air B200||BB-1874||F-HAMI||3,313||$2,495,000-SOLD|
|2008 Piaggio Avanti II||1164||N187SL||5,746||$1,950,000- SOLD|
|1980 King Air 200||BB-763||N56KA||9171||$595,000-SOLD|
Large Cabin VIP and Commercial Aircraft
Wetzel Aviation Commercial Aircraft Department offers purchase and resale services to airlines, finance companies and governments to support their Large Cabin Airliner and Large Cabin VIP transactions.
- Resale and Acquisitions of Commercial Jet, Regional Jet and Turboprop Airliners.
- Resale and Acquisitions of VIP and Head of State Large Cabin Aircraft.
- Airline Fleet Acquisitions and Resale.
- Fully Integrated exclusive brokerage services including VIP completions oversight.
- Engine Purchase and Resale.
- Worldwide team of support professionals and strategic partners to oversee your Boeing, Airbus, ATR, Embraer, Bombardier transactions.
Special Mission Aircraft
“Your Mission is our Mission.”
I.S.R. E.M.S. Humanitarian. Data Gathering & Flight Test.
With over 15 years of proven reliability, our Special Mission Aircraft team are leaders in serving a wide range of specialized customer aircraft requirements. When it’s time to Purchase, Lease or Sell a Special Mission Aircraft, use the experts that the Prime’s use.
- ISR Platform Aircraft. Transport Category to Piston, we successfully deliver entire fleet solutions to Prime Contractors and Governments.
- Air Ambulance Aircraft. Proven track record of purchase and resale of Air Ambulance fleets and single aircraft.
- Flight Testing and Data Gathering Aircraft. Supporting major simulator manufacturers flight test programs and aircraft component manufacturers test and certification projects for fixed wing and rotorcraft.
- Humanitarian Relief. Supplying specialized aircraft to meet critical human crisis needs.
- Chase Aircraft. Delivering long-term and short-term lease solutions to aircraft manufacturers for aircraft observation and chase operations.
- Our Special Mission customer base is comprised of a broad spectrum of highly valued clients and includes the Government of the United States and international governments, Worldwide Prime Contractors, Sub Contractors, and Private Sector users. We treat our important Teaming partners, Prime Contractors and Systems Integrators with the responsiveness and confidentiality that they deserve so that they can win contracts.