Meet Our Team
Jack Wetzel, IADA Certified Aircraft Broker
founder of Wetzel Aviation has over 40 years of experience selling airplanes and more than 9,000 hours flying jets and turboprops. His father, a World War II flight instructor and flying pastor, cultivated and shaped Jack’s love of flying at a young age. Jack grew up in Lock Haven Pennsylvania, home of Piper Aircraft where he began his career in aviation as a factory experimental test pilot. As his career progressed into sales, he was part of the team that developed the Cheyenne series of turboprops for Piper. Jack left Piper to hone his sales experience with Combs Gates and Turbo West Inc. in Denver Colorado. While at Turbo West, he became successful in turboprop sales within the United States and abroad. Jack went on to co-found Kladstrup-Wetzel Inc. and as the company grew, his business focus grew to include jet sales with a strong focus on the global market. The Kladstrup-Wetzel partnership was dissolved in 2003 and Jack founded Wetzel Aviation Inc. which continues having success in the world market.
When not selling airplanes, Jack enjoys classic automobiles and cycling throughout the Rocky Mountains. He lives with his wife Carol in Centennial, Colorado and they have two adult daughters.
Bryon Mobley, IADA Certified Aircraft Broker
has over 20 years of aircraft sales experience and has been around airplanes his entire life. As the son of a corporate pilot, Bryon met Jack Wetzel in 1979 when his fathers company purchased several new Piper Cheyenne aircraft from Turbo West, Inc. A Montana native, Bryon graduated from Montana State University in 1993 with a B.S. degree in Business and served in the Army National Guard as an Officer and Rotary-Wing Aviator. Outside the office, Bryon and his wife Kristin, have one daughter and enjoy camping, fishing and other outdoor activities. Bryon is also a car enthusiast, who likes all types of classic and modern muscle/sports cars.
Patrick Searle, President
brings nearly 30 years of proven aviation sales experience along with a history in commercial banking to our company and serves the Business Aviation community on the National Aircraft Resale Association’s Membership Committee. Pat began his aviation sales career alongside Jack Wetzel in 1990 prior to striking out on his own. He was a founding partner and co-owner of Front Range Aviation and successfully co-managed its growth for 18 years prior to merging companies with Wetzel Aviation. Pat and his family moved to Colorado in 1995 from Western New York. He holds a BS degree from the University of New York at Oswego and holds a fixed-wing pilot license. Outside of aviation, Pat enjoys competing in the Western horseback sport of Reining. He and his wife Jackie are active in the community through volunteer organizations. Pat and Jackie have three adult children.
Jim Riner, IADA Certified Aircraft Broker
has over 30 years of aviation experience and began flying as a teenager. Jim is an alumnus of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Daytona Beach Campus where he earned multiple degrees in both Aeronautical Studies and Aviation Business Administration. Jim began his aviation sales career alongside Jack Wetzel in the early 1990’s and joined as co-owner of Front Range Aviation in 2002 and successfully co-managed its growth prior to merging companies with Wetzel Aviation. His family relocated to the Denver area from Western New York in 1995. Jim and his wife Betsy enjoy the nearby Rocky Mountains and downhill ski, camp and pursue other outdoor activities. Jim holds a Commercial Pilot License and has been active in various roles as a volunteer leader and supporter of the Denver Area Boy Scouts program and has participated in several High-Adventure wilderness trips. He also serves on the Board of Directors of a large processing vegetable agribusiness. Jim and Betsy have three children and a Springer Spaniel.
Brandon Goetz, Market Research Specialist
Combines his experience with both the tech sector and the aviation industry to best interpret the ever-evolving aircraft market. Brandon gained his love and appreciation for aviation through his father, a current airlines instructor and retired Air Force Lt. Col. who flew and instructed on multiple aircraft including the T-38, AC-130, and Boeing 757/737. After graduating Magna Cum Laude from the University of Missouri in 2017 with a BS degree in Business Administration, Brandon began working for a large tech company and flying on the weekends. He then enrolled into flight school where he would earn his Instrument and Commercial Single Engine Land ratings. Joining the Wetzel group in 2019, he is committed to ensuring that we have exceptional research at our disposal to best advise our clients. Outside of work, he enjoys spending time outdoors exercising, being around family, and working on cars.
|Featured Image||Aircraft Description||Serial No.||Reg. No.||TTAF||Price|
|Featured Image||Aircraft Description||Serial No.||Reg. No.||TTAF||Price|
|2006 Challenger 300||20106||G-KALS||3930||Make Offer|
|2012 Challenger 605||5904||G-RANE||2040||$10,750,000|
|2012 King Air 250||BY-159||N437ST||1391||Make Offer|
|2011 Piaggio Avanti II||1217||PT-TIC||1066.5||$2,750,000|
|2010 Piaggio Avanti II||1207||N247JL||4480||Make Offer|
|1995 Learjet 31A||31A-083||N789SR||10594||$525,000|
|2009 King Air 350||FL-600||N480EB||2503||SOLD|
|2001 TBM 700B S/N 196||196||N843BH||1980||SOLD|
|2009 Hawker 4000||RC-22||N639RA||2250||SOLD|
King Air B200- Collins Pro Line 21 or Garmin G1000 Equipped
Large Cabin VIP and Commercial Aircraft
Wetzel Aviation Commercial Aircraft Department offers purchase and resale services to airlines, finance companies and governments to support their Large Cabin Airliner and Large Cabin VIP transactions.
- Resale and Acquisitions of Commercial Jet, Regional Jet and Turboprop Airliners.
- Resale and Acquisitions of VIP and Head of State Large Cabin Aircraft.
- Airline Fleet Acquisitions and Resale.
- Fully Integrated exclusive brokerage services including VIP completions oversight.
- Engine Purchase and Resale.
- Worldwide team of support professionals and strategic partners to oversee your Boeing, Airbus, ATR, Embraer, Bombardier transactions.
Special Mission Aircraft
“Your Mission is our Mission.”
I.S.R. E.M.S. Humanitarian. Data Gathering & Flight Test.
With over 15 years of proven reliability, our Special Mission Aircraft team are leaders in serving a wide range of specialized customer aircraft requirements. When it’s time to Purchase, Lease or Sell a Special Mission Aircraft, use the experts that the Prime’s use.
- ISR Platform Aircraft. Transport Category to Piston, we successfully deliver entire fleet solutions to Prime Contractors and Governments.
- Air Ambulance Aircraft. Proven track record of purchase and resale of Air Ambulance fleets and single aircraft.
- Flight Testing and Data Gathering Aircraft. Supporting major simulator manufacturers flight test programs and aircraft component manufacturers test and certification projects for fixed wing and rotorcraft.
- Humanitarian Relief. Supplying specialized aircraft to meet critical human crisis needs.
- Chase Aircraft. Delivering long-term and short-term lease solutions to aircraft manufacturers for aircraft observation and chase operations.
- Our Special Mission customer base is comprised of a broad spectrum of highly valued clients and includes the Government of the United States and international governments, Worldwide Prime Contractors, Sub Contractors, and Private Sector users. We treat our important Teaming partners, Prime Contractors and Systems Integrators with the responsiveness and confidentiality that they deserve so that they can win contracts.